Dragons, Elves, and Hut Dwellers
'The Lone Hero' can be purchased in paperback or ebook. For the ebook at $1.99, just click on the button for your store to the right.
Einarr has accepted several other missions and centuries have passed on Earth. Now the dragons need his help again and he'll be paired with Zavat once more.
The time is 13th century Earth. It's a time of great upheaval, of knights, and when a church comes into great power. The church now demands that all dragons be slaughtered and anyone practicing pagan rituals be put to death.
The dragons are leaving Earth through portals that connect to Aberforth, but many don't make it.
Einarr chooses to accept this mission and so he is sent to Earth where he is born mortal and named Laurence Di Draco.
The Middle Ages, The Void, Knights, and Dragons
Einarr arrived at a flowery meadow where birds chirped gaily and a gentle wind stirred the high grasses. Apollo stood with four High Council members. When Einarr approached, they greeted him with nods.
“You’ve been requested for an unusual mission on Earth,” explained Apollo.
Einarr waited for more of an explanation. He already knew he was headed to Earth soon, yet he’d never been ordered to a High Council for any reason.
Apollo continued, “Exceptional circumstances apply. Your task involves the rescue of dragons. This is a serious time on Earth when a new religion has formed, acquiring power and followers. Its leaders serve death to all who don’t convert and the end of dragons. They label them evil when in reality this new religion is threatened by the dragons’ eminence.”
Einarr rubbed his chin. This explained what he suspected. “I sensed a problem with the dragons on Earth and I’ve felt troubled, but I didn’t expect to work with dragons again. No wonder mi patér has been on my mind. Of course I accept.”
One of the Council indicated for Apollo to clarify further. “Two events were possible. Since those in mortal form alter their course at any given time, we waited to see which way the wheel turned. It continues to involve a massive extinction.” Apollo paused to study Einarr’s reaction, but Einarr remained calm.
Apollo continued. “If you select not to fulfill your destiny, Lord Zavat has asked approval to insert a limited amount of prior memories into you in the future. Understand the significance. Although rarely allowed, we’re considering his request. When you realize who you were, Lord Zavat’s mark will take shape on your shoulder as it did on Aberforth. This will help convince the dragons to follow you. Lord Zavat will meet you later at the gates.”
Is it possible? thought Einarr.
Apollo smiled. “Yes, you’ll work with your dragon father again.”
Einarr hadn’t expected this, but he’d be happy for such an assignment. “I understand and will fulfill my duty.”
“It’s easy to accept here, but when you no longer recall your former existence, your emotions may cause dire consequences.”
“I won’t fail, I assure you.”“You are the Lone Hero and willful, although stubborn, and so you’ve been chosen above other dragon companions.”
(What do you think will happen? Will Zavat have to force Einarr's memories from Aberforth or will Einarr accept working with dragons again?)
Laurence of Dragon Fame is soon to be released.
Halloween Craft Spider Milk JugHalloween is almost here, so here's a simple, easy craft:
Milk Jug Spider Treat Container Craft for Kids
Place treats in this scary milk jug spider and your visitors will have a fun time trying to retrieve them.
What you will need: Empty plastic milk jug, craft foam, large googly eyes, newspaper, hot melt glue, black duck tape, black acrylic paint or black spray paint, tape, and wire or pipe cleaners.
How to make:
1. Wash and dry the plastic milk jug. Cut a line from side to side at the top of the jug about one inch below where the jug starts to form the top of the jug as shown in the picture.
2. Cut a one-inch section from the handle so that the top of the jug can be bent back and the mouth opened. Tape the remaining handle together so that the mouth stays open.
3. To make the legs place two pieces of newspaper together and line them up. Roll the two pieces into a tube starting from one corner and go to the corner diagonally from the one you start with. Tape the roll in the center and then fold it in half and cut it. Make eight legs altogether. Glue the legs to the milk jug. If you are using acrylic paint, you must glue the legs to the jug before you paint it. If you glue them to the paint they will just pull the paint off the jug and fall off. If you use spray paint, you can paint the jug first.
4. Paint the entire jug and the legs black.
5. Cut fangs from craft foam and glue them to the top of the mouth. To finish glue on googly eyes. Place treats in the spider's mouth.
Sweet and simple.
Love, honor, and respect to all.