Recipe Simple and Quick Low Carb Grilled Ham and Cheese on Sara Lee Sweet Hawaiian Sandwich Buns

Image courtesy of Rattikankeawpun at FreeDigitalPhotos.Net


Hello everyone and Happy Mother's Day.

I'm still creating my blog, but it's nearing the final additions and touches. Thank you for your patience. If you like what you see, please follow. I'd greatly appreciate it. I've also added links to where I can be found around the internet. Follow and let me know your online name so I can follow you back.

RECIPE LOW CARB
When the weekend arrives, I usually cook buffets for dinner. That way, everyone can just help themselves. Yesterday was simple, quick, and delicious.

Grilled Han and Cheese with Pineapple on Sara Lee Sweet Hawaiian Sandwich Buns

You can find many variatiosn of this online. The great thing about these is that they can be made ahead and kept in the fridge. If you want to warm them again, just reheat, 30 sec in the microwave.

How I make mine:
1 package of Sara Lee Sweet Hawaiian Sandwich Buns. Calories 170, Carbs 34
Deli Ham (your choice. They taste best if you use two slices per sandwich)
Swiss Cheese (my family likes the Swiss better than other cheeses - two slices per sandwich)
Spicy Mustard (your choice)
One can of pineapple rings (one per sandwich. I prefer Dole - 1 slice is 30 calories, approx 8 grams of carbs)
Total carbs for this sandwich are approximately 42 grams, depending on the brands you buy. Check your hams. Some have carbs, some don't. And real cheese will have 0 carbs, so check your cheese also.

spread a thin layer of mustard on the inside top and bottom bun.
layer the ham first, then the cheese, then the pineapple slice.
butter the outside top and bottom of the bun and place on a grill until the cheese melts. My indoor grill grills from the top and the bottom, so I don't have to flip the sandwiches. If your grill isn't like mine, you may have to flip to toast both parts. Mine take about 3 to 4 minutes to grill.

That's it. That's all there is to this quick and easy recipe, and my family loves them.

Online, you can also find a lot of recipes for Grilled Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls but most take more ingredients and time. I like my foods simple and something the whole family will eat, so I veer away from grilled onions, poppy seeds, and Worcestershire sauce.

I'm a firm believer that Americans consume too much salt and sugar so I also stay away from recipes that call for white sugar or brown sugar.

I served them with a bowl of prepared and cut-up fruit - watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple, also low-carb. About 1 and 1/2 cups equalled 4 grams.

So, total carbs for this meal per person: 46 grams

Love, Honor, and Respect to you.

Comments

Barbara Fisher said…
They sound delicious Donna, and I like the addition of all the fresh fruit. I will give them a try. x
DM Yates said…
Thank you, Barbara. They really are quite tasty. It's a nice light dinner. Thank you for your comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Life With Dragons Halloween Bat Toilet Paper Roll Craft Tutorial and Giveaway

Guest Post Author and Humorist Mark R Hunter

Review A Time for Everything by Mysti Parker